Skip to main content

Weave CommunityGroupsWeave Chicagoland

Weave Chicagoland

The vision of Weave: Chicagoland is to connect with local weavers, learn from one another and support each other’s efforts to weave deep relationships in the greater Chicago area.

Hi. I’m Bob, and I’m new to this group. I feel like I’ve been drawn to the processes of community-building for the past several decades, as a soccer coach, a public high school teacher, and a member of the Baha’i community. Baha’is throughout the world, millions, dedicate themselves to the building of communities based upon the spiritual principle of the β€œOneness of Humanity,” the reality that all of us, in reality, are members of one human race, a single people, belong to one extended human family. I now live in Westchester, and my efforts to build community are centered in Chicago’s western suburbs.

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It's great to hear from you, Michael. A lot of community-building work is going on in the western suburbs of Chicago. Since the end of all the Covid lockdowns, a few years?!?, the amount of activity in our local community has increased by almost 900%... and this activity continues to grow. Most of this growth is decentralized, happening within families, in homes, and neighborhoods where, increasingly, Baha'is and our friends seek to make the spiritual principle of "Oneness" enshrined at the center of the Faith the spiritual center of everything in their lives. This spiritual foundation is, according to my understanding of Baha'i Writings, the cornerstone of progress in our own lives and the life of the whole of society. I learned about Weave from Kate Towles, and I am very excited about how our local Baha'i community might partner with Weave in the greater Chicago metropolitan area.

Robert Blecher

Hello Bob welcome to Chicago Weave. Looking forward to connecting with you in the near future. I am a football coach and we took an ol’ fashion  lick in this pass Friday in our opening game of the season, so there was no celebrating  Labor Day we were Laboring πŸ˜ƒ. I’m an assistant coach and Chicago Hope Academy a small Christian school on the Westside of Chicago. Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Charles Perry

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.