Skip to main content

Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) 101 - Deep Dive Training!

Virtual (Zoom)

Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) 101 - Deep Dive Training!

The ABCD Institute at DePaul University is pleased to present a dynamic 18-hour live online workshop introducing the core principles and applications of Asset-Based Community Development (ABCD) in the context of local communities. Presentations and discussions will occur in light of current conversations about equity and social justice and will enable participants to think deeper about responses to these challenges.

ABCD creates resilient & thriving communities by teaching local people and organizations how to identify, nurture, and mobilize existing community assets and talents for change.

Sessions take place over 6 Wednesdays:

Dates: June 5, 12, 19, July 3, 10, 17. Week of June 26 - off for projects.

Timing: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm US Central Time.

An online event: This will be a virtual training via Zoom. The Workshop will be limited to 25 participants

Who Should Attend: People who seek an introduction to or refresher of ABCD in the context of communities of identity and place and want to know:

• How does a community move toward a wider circle of people working together to realize goals?
  • How can my organization more actively support the concerns and efforts of local people?
  • How do I make ABCD work in my neighborhood?
  • The power of co-production
  • How might ABCD address income and race disparity?
  • How to move from relief to development
  • What does it take to create a healthy community?

Though not a requirement experience shows that the effectiveness of the training is greater when more than one person from the same organization attend together.

Workshop Leaders: The course will be led by three experienced ABCD Stewards affiliated with the ABCD Institute at DePaul University - Darryl Answer, April Doner, Wendy McCaig and Rory Wellss

Learn More / Register Here!

Add Comment

Link copied to your clipboard.