Skip to main content

Virtual

Solidarity Economy 101

Organizer: Mike Strode connect@kolanutcollab.org 7733697400

An RSVP is requested. Click here to RSVP

Description:

Join our upcoming Solidarity Economy 101 as a collective refresher for the entire Resist & Build Network on this critical offering initially deployed by the R&B Education Circle at the outset of the pandemic as we evaluate the life and continuity of the circle and the utility of this particular offering going forward. Come experience it for the first time or experience it again and gather feedback on what you might do differently in advancing solidarity economy education in your local communities.

This is an introduction to the Solidarity Economy hosted by Mike Strode, who serves on the boards of the US Solidarity Economy Network and New Economy Coalition and Shokoufeh Dianat of Dandelion Health in Richmond.

During this participatory workshop, we will explore:
  • The meaning and some origins of the solidarity economy (SE)
  • Important distinctions between SE and other economic system frameworks
  • The values and principles of a solidarity economy
  • Examples of projects (Beautiful Solutions) organizing within a solidarity economy framework
  • Ideas for how your work can intersect with practices within a solidarity economy

Who Is Attending

Add Comment

Comments (3)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

Oh thank you for alerting me to that, Eric. Sorry for the confusion! I think because it was originally shared within a listserve group for the Resist and Build network, the registration goes thru that platform.

if you might be interested, R&B is an amazing growing network of intersectional change work โ€” I could see you really enjoying being part (there are occasional listserve messages and then we have quarterly-ish gatherings). I can share more info if you wish. But, if you prefer not to let me know and I can message Mike Strode about options for non-network members.

thanks for alerting me to this!

April Marie Doner
Link copied to your clipboard.