Skip to main content

Discussions

Discussions

The discussions forum is our community water cooler - a place for casual conversation where we exchange ideas, jokes, wonder out loud, ask questions, laugh, and inspire one another. Feel free to share a thought, a β€œlike”… or anything else. Outsiders can see the titles, but only members can read what we write in discussions.

Learn more about each of our different discussion categories on our Quick Start page. And if you need help uploading an image to your post, visit our How Do I... directory.

Sorted by last update

Learning Center DiscussionsAction
Find a buddy to work through Atlas CareMap module together
Gabriela Hydle Hola! Would love to work with a weaver, I am an indigenous Mayan Guatemalan woman. [ more ]
Devina St Claire This is exciting and I look forward to training with this module. Thank you so much for promoting ’expansion’ for the collective and the greater good of humanity. [ more ]
Carol Steinfeld ❀️
See all 10 replies...

Learning Center DiscussionsStorytelling
Meet a member through a Relational 1:1
Maria D. [OPEN] I'd like to see if anyone is interested in weaving in the context of STEM, especially mathematics. It's likely easier to look for weavers among math lovers than the other way around, yet low-probability encounters often spark more joy, so here we are! I live in the Research Triangle, NC. Bonus fractal cats just for fun [ more ]
Gabriela Hydle Hi! would love to meet with you, I am an indigenous Mayan Guatemalan woman. I am in Denver CO area [ more ]
Kristyn Feldman ❀️
See all 23 replies...

What are the gifts you bring to your community?
Avi Dey 08/06/2024 Tuesday Finding Home _Torn Pages of A Humanist’s Journey Future & Past Humanity & America Randy Best Story Teller With Avi Dey CafΓ© Twin Fairfax County, Va https://studio.youtube.com/ video/CYmATodrujs/edit [ more ]
Avi Dey My follow up topic 02 : Genes &Culture imprisons each of through life/ Avi Summary: From Mother's womb, endowed by her, is her Microbiome of thousand Microbes, most of whom are there to live healthy day to day. Also, Mom's Mitocondria Immune Cells, passed to us, upon birth. these immune cells throughout our body, acts as guards to prevent invading microbes by killing such evils that can make us ill. Yes, yes . Now here at 2nd decade of 21st, each of must strive to know this amazing... [ more ]
Dyah Miller ❀️
See all 7 replies...

Share your Story of Self with weavers
Nathan Hult It has been awhile since I checked out this storytelling thread. I really enjoyed your sharing, Rachel, of how you have worked hard to weave the various parts of your life together. I also grew up in an area where I was in a distinct religious minority in Boston. My dad was a pastor in a Lutheran church, so I had ample ammunition to argue with my friends over the fine points of theology, usually feeling that I had won the argument. There was only one truth about God and the eternal, and I... [ more ]
Wendy Yehia ❀️
Elizabeth Dishman Thank you for sharing your story, Rachel! I'm struck by the difference between "mold" and "weave" that you intuitively pursued. Lots of complex threads you've integrated so skillfully (and stubbornly πŸ™‚ . Bravo. [ more ]
See all 17 replies...

Learning Center DiscussionsGatherings
What have you learned when conversations get hard?
Maria Oah That's a really great learning, @Carol Wilson . There's so much power in slowing down and noticing what's happening in a conversation. [ more ]
Carol Wilson I have learned that it is helpful to be an observer of the conversation, even when a participant, which allows me to stay curious and interested in the other and direct my personal investment to our relationship rather than to my participation and position. [ more ]
Roger Gustafson One major learning I've received in difficult conversations is my tendency to close down or defend when conflict arises. I need to be alert to this tendency and challenge myself to stay with the conversation when I sense it rising up. Another learning is the freedom to choose how I see a hard conversation. I can choose the perspective of seeing it as an unpleasant exchange or as an opportunity to learn. [ more ]
See all 3 replies...

Share your Story of Us with weavers
Kristyn Feldman ❀️

Share your thoughts on potential next steps with weavers

Share your experience of sharing your CareMap with weavers
Rajiv Mehta Hi @Andy Swindler . Thanks for posting your reflections. I'll be sure to share your comments with Alison, Susannah and Luke. I'm sure they'll be delighted to know they've had such an impact. It is often eye-opening to share your CareMaps with others in our web of care, especially if you remain open to discovering that their perspectives differ from yours. Like your experience I think we're often surprised to learn how much positive impact we're having on others. Perhaps we just don't speak... [ more ]
Andy Swindler First, reflecting on the videos from this section: Alison Wagner - I felt a profound sadness when she talked about her and her friends' realization of how little care was flowing back into them as mid-life mothers caring for two other generations. I can relate in my own life how easy it is to feel like I'm giving more than receiving care. And then I was heartened when she talked about how they used this realization to redefine their friendships and provide more care for each other. Susannah... [ more ]
See all 2 replies...

Learning Center DiscussionsGatherings
What have you learned through the Circle process?
Maria Oah Hi @Karen Altergott Roberts ! We're so glad you're interested in joining a Circles group! πŸ™‚ We're in the process of organizing new groups and hope to have some up on the calendar in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for an update post in the community! [ more ]
Karen Altergott Roberts Sad that all circles seem to be full for the next few months....at least that's what it looks like when I searched the calendar on line for an available beginners circle. [ more ]
See all 2 replies...

Learning Center DiscussionsLeadership
Practice your pitch with a weaver
Ashley (Ash) Esposito πŸŽ‰
Maria Oah πŸŽ‰
Frances Kraft ❀️

Share your first CareMap experience with weavers

Share your Seeing Care experience with weavers

Share your Story of Now with weavers